6 months ago
Dear Students and Families:
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! Thank you for supporting your child's education by being involved. Working together makes a big difference in your child's success.
Middle school is a time of a change. It is an exciting time, but it can also be challenging with the increase in workloads and the social adjustment that occur through the course of the day. Camp Lockett Middle School Jr. Redhawks, I encourage you to do the following so you can be successful in your transition and time in middle school:
- Conduct yourself in a Safe manner at all times.
- Communicate with others in a Respectful and meaningful way.
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and challenge yourself to find solutions.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness; and
- Contribute to our school community in a collaborative Responsible manner.
Parents, please make time to:
- Ask your student(s) specific questions about their time at school. For example, “What was the most interesting thing you did in math class today?” or “Tell me about your science assignment?”
- Use the Parent Portal early and often. The Portal will give you relevant information regarding your child’s performance on their homework, a test or quiz as well as their attendance. Your interest and concern in their school progress will motivate them to do their best.
- Communicate with your child’s teachers and staff members to establish a successful home/school connection.
We are looking forward to a positive, upbeat school year at Camp Lockett Middle School. I encourage all students to connect with our school; stand up to mistreatment, vandalism, and to anything you know is not right. Remind yourself you do not have to follow the crowd. Be yourself and even when no one is watching, do the right thing. Parents, please help us by reinforcing school expectations at home. With your help, Camp Lockett Middle School will continue to be a school community in which every person feels respected, valued, and is encouraged and challenged to achieve at the highest levels.
I am excited for the opportunity to work with you and your student to provide a productive and safe learning environment that supports student success.
I am honored to serve as your principal